Thursday, June 11, 2009

To Visit the Queen?



After many delays, I'm finally in London. Today, I'm to deliver a short report on the wonder that is the Alpha Course in the Philippines at International Week '09 at Holy Trinity Brompton.

As I hurriedly fine-tune...

No, that won't do. We might as well be completely honest at this point. As I hurriedly try to whip out a presentation from the decaying, wretched, jet-lagged creature that was John-D Borra, I began to realize just how much my life has changed in the last two years. Once, I was a brilliant, slightly self-important, promising academic whose sole ambition was to teach for the rest of his life. Now, I'm a humbled, grateful soul, eager to confront the many different challenges that the Lord, with an obscenely joyful twinkle in His eye, scatters on the path that He has set me on.

It's alternately infuriating and edifying. It's both an opportunity and a colossal folly. It's both sacrifice and grace. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Well, maybe for small pieces of the world, such as those wonderful slivers of happiness that call Manila their home. But otherwise, I'm pretty much blessed just dragging what remains of my vibrant, happy self through a chilly London morning.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Loopy said...

Aww Manoy - you're so cute! It's a good thing I got to see you before you left! Love you!