Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meaningful Ends


I came across a delightfully provocative article in the A.V. Club earlier today entitled A Meaning to an End, where the author, Noel Murray, discusses how important it is to consider how television series end. Murray makes the observation that:

At its best, TV can be as moving and artful as the best movies or the finest novels, but at the end of the day it's still an episodic medium that parcels out its pleasures, and that withholding is as much a part of TV art as performance or plotting.


I will not discuss Murray's keen insight into the medium of television. Rather, I would like to celebrate a recently concluded television show which, over the course of several years, has brought much joy to the Borra household. Au revoir, Scrubs! In lieu of flights of angels speeding you to your rest, let me commemorate your passing by posting a snippet of how elegantly you ended. Enjoy!

3 comments:

HappiHappi said...

I FREAKING love scrubs. And I totally loved loved loved that ending. The song was perfect. It is on my list if possible wedding songs whenever T and I finally get married!

jaeDee said...

I am a TV series freak myself although I stick to Sci-Fi. I've just finished Battle Star Galactica Season 1. However, I refuse to buy Season 2 here because there are no commentaries unlike in the first season DVD set. I am busy waiting for the right timing (aka budgeting) so i can order via Amazon... in the meantime, I am praying for a digital SLR!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

ella said...

I don't want it to end