Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Cheer!


It's been awhile since my last post, for which I make no apologies. The grand experiment that is "living independently of live-in helpers" reached a critical point during the holidays. I am pleased to report that my family has not only survived the holidays. We have reinvented it.

Henceforth, Christmas in the Borra household will no longer be about spectacular holiday getaways, or wonderful gifts too big to fit under the Christmas tree.

Christmas is about hiding away over the holidays, with just Tina and the kids to snuggle underneath blankets redolent with Christmas cheer.

Christmas is about the gift of togetherness, which dwarfs any old gift that any old Santa can fit underneath any old tree.

Christmas is about living independently of helpers while remaining lovingly dependent on Jesus. May your season be as merry and bright!

8 comments:

pots said...

Nice picture :-) studio shot?

John-D Borra said...

Yup, from Papot Borra's studio. :)

Alexis said...

Love the matching pjs! :D

John-D Borra said...

Thanks Alexis! That took some doing. :)

HappiHappi said...

I LOVE that picture! =) Happy New Year to you and your family. Wishing you guys a new year filled with many fun adventures, love, and laughter!

John-D Borra said...

Thanks Tweet! I pray that the coming year brings more joy and laughter for you, Tom, and the family. :)

ChichaJo said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! When my daughter was born last December we had to miss all the Christmas parties because I was recovering, nursing, and truth be told, lazy! So we just holed up in our flat...one of my best Christmases :) You have it so right...it's all about togetherness and the wonderful intangibles that you can't find "under the tree" :) Hope you have a wonderful 2011!

John-D Borra said...

Thanks ChichaJo! I pray you have a wonderful 2011 as well! :)