Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ah, but I digress...

It's amazing how many people have taken it upon themselves to discuss (with passion, verve and intelligence) the RH bill. But while I go sift through the different valid points that have been raised in the discussion, let me make several announcements:

As you probably know by now, mainly through Chuvaness, my wife has recently given birth to our 3rd child, and 1st princess, Lucia Consuelo. She came into the world as 7 lbs, 7 oz of pure joy, and despite measuring a mere 19 inches from head to toe, Lucia has already taken our measure and found us wanting. I would like to remind everyone that fully half of her DNA comes from me, so if you would like to throw any compliments my way I will acknowledge them with as much grace and tact as I can muster.

My family and I were also featured in this month's Baby Magazine. The wonderfully written feature, "Of Dirt and Roses" was penned by Nicole Bautista and photographed by Ralph Alejandrino. The story of my blissful family life, however, continues to be written by my lovely and patient wife Tina, my two sons, Juan and Manuel, and now my little princess, Lucia Consuelo. Baby Magazine is the number three best selling magazine in the country. My good friend Diana Uichanco deserves a hearty round of applause for bringing a magazine about the babies to a position where they can challenge magazines that serve up a never-ending procession of babes.

Lastly, I would like to thank my parents, Johnny and Tere Borra who, along with my sisters Papot, Therese and Joanna Puzon, so graciously volunteered to take care of the kids while Tina and I were in The Medical City waiting hand and foot on our little princess (I never seem to tire of that nickname!) Lucia. Thanks for the wonderful costumes and all the love and affection that you have lavished on the boys. They look forward to hanging out again with you guys and cousin Miguel. Imagine the havoc all four of them will wreak when Lucia comes of age?

10 comments:

Alexis said...

Did you get the email I sent you? Not sure if it ever got to you since I wasn't sure if the email address I had was correct. :)


If you haven't gotten it, let me know where I can send it. :)


(I posted a lower file quality of the suprise i had made in my blog: http://themagickbox.wordpress.com/2008/10/19/lucia-consuelo/ )

John-D Borra said...

No, sorry. Please send to johndborra@gmail.com or john@alphaph.org. Thanks Alexis!

John-D Borra said...

Got it. Thanks Alexis! :-)

Leah said...

Congratulations John D and Tina. Lucia is beautiful. Good job on all the hard work.

HappiHappi said...

Johnds she is beautiful!!! Congrats to yo and Tina on a healthy baby girl. The Borra clan keeps on growing!!!

John-D Borra said...

Thanks Len! Thanks Tweet! But seriously, Tina did all the hard work. ;-)

petrufied said...

Hi there John-D!! Yehey! Many thanks for mentioning Baby Magazine! :D You have such a wonderful family! Congratulations again to all of you for Lucia--she's a beauty ;)

John-D Borra said...

Hi Nicole! It was my pleasure to give mad props to Baby Magazine, especially since so many of my friends work so hard at making sure it's always a worthwhile read. :-)

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers!

sunnyday said...

Yep, that's right -- the magazine has babies galore, all you'll need for inspiration. "Cute" is our guiding principle =)

John-D, thanks, too, for allowing us to feature you and your beautiful family. Hope you enjoyed the tete-a-tete with Nicole and the photo shoot as well. [To all the blogosphere and real-life fans of John-D's adorable little princes and princess, simply head out to the baby section of any SM department store or to National Bookstore or to Baby & Co. in Podium or Power Plant to buy copies] =) =)

Thanks for the mention. Hope you enjoy reading the issue :-)

Me said...

so sweet. i need a copy of that magazine

cecile