Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Comics are Fun: “100 Best Single Issues Since You Were Born.”


I just recently got back to reading comics, and I can't believe how much good stuff I missed. (Well, I also can't believe how much bad stuff actually got published, but that's a topic I'd rather not discuss.) Fortunately, the otherwise faceless, ruthlessly cruel industry pandering comic guide, Wizard, came up with a list of the "100 Best Single Issues Since You Were Born." While I believe that Wizard perpetuates an industry that tries to keep comics infantile and exploitative, their editorial staff, perhaps in recognition of their servitude to their evil overlords, normally tries their best to come up with adroit choices for their lists of significant comic issues, events, and personalities.

In recognition of Wizard's efforts on behalf of comic geeks everywhere, and because I don't have the time to make a list of my own, I'm going to go through the 100 comics on the list and review those which I find interesting enough to comment on. Here's to comics, a sense of wonder, and an unflagging belief in the heroes inside all of us. At the very least, there will be some cool funny pictures in this blog from time to time.

2 comments:

Brian L. Belen said...

As a trusted comic aficionado recommended to me, look up Warren Ellis's Planetary. It ain't wrapped up yet (especially in the trades, though if you the single issues are one away from the end) but it's a lot of fun, especially if you dig John Cassaday's art.

Of course, you gotta read it in order lest you spoil the surprise.

gretchenquepulispangkalawakan said...

here!! here!!