Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam: Ateneo-La Salle, iTunes U



I came across Raphael Bartholomew's studiedly fair, but nicely bland article on the rivalry between Ateneo and La Salle through my good friend Jayvee Fernandez, blogger wunderkind extraordinaire. Funny how basketball seems to embody quite a lot of things to quite a lot of people in the tropical paradise that I call home. A shame about the, I suspect, many factors that Mr. Bartholomew had to take into consideration in writing his article, which really hamstrung the piece as a whole. Still, it provides me with an opportunity to plug Jayvee's site, A Bugged Life, where he comes up with decidedly more interesting geeky fare such as the entry entitled Undressing the Inspiration of Souls, Descendant of Seneca, That Which is Named Omnipotens, Son and Daughter of Leviathan. A mouthful, but only in the sense that it should be full in a Godiva sort of way.

It's been awhile since I visited iTunes U, but only because I had just finished Professor Hubert Dreyfus' wonderfully disputatious lecture series on Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy in the University of California Berkeley section. They have quite a number of prestigious universities involved now, with one or two surprises from the lesser known institutes of higher learning. I'd recommend Al Gore's lecture "The Earth in the Balance" in the Stanford Environmental Science section. Good stuff. He should never have lost to Bush, but then, he talked like a Windows 98 NE version of the fabulous Tiger OS Gore we all know and love now.

2 comments:

HappiHappi said...

I did not know iTunes had a Uni section with lectures from different Universities. That is awesome. I will have to check it out. Oh the wonders of the internet!!!

John-D Borra said...

Truly, this Internet is a wonderful boon to humanity! :-)